Friday, December 30, 2011

Merry Christmas!!

Its been a couple of days since I've blogged.. This has been a very busy week for me. First Christmas, then there was my cousins wedding. Plus all of my relatives from out of town came for the wedding to its been kind of hectic. To top it all off my baby came down with the flu.

Anyway I wanted to share my Christmas with all of you so here's a photo of our Christmas table


I made roast beef, scalloped potatoes, portobelo mushroom gravy, pan fried fish with lemon butter sauce and creme caramel for dessert.

The pan fried fish was a last minute addition cause my mom didn't want to eat any of the others i prepared cause of her cholesterol "issues". I say issues cause her blood pressure level is okay, so is her cholesterol level. Its just that ever since my grandmother had a stroke my mom became fanatical about not eating beef an pork or any sauce that has cream etc...

So anyway the recipe i want to share is that of the scalloped potatoes. Its my first time making it and it actually turned out yummy.



Scalloped Potatoes Recipe

(makes a 13X9 inch pan)

8 Potatoes (depending on the size, I used big ones)
1/4 cup cream
1/4 cup sour cream
1/4 cup milk
2tsps chopped fresh dill
1 cup mozarella cheese
1/2 cup sharp cheddar
2tsp salt
fresh cracked pepper

directions:

preheat oven to 365 degrees. Slice the potatoes with a mandolin. the rest of the ingredients except cheese and pour 1/4 of it in a 3x9 rectangular glass baking dish. layer all of the potatoes and then pour the remaining cream mixture. sprinkle top with the cheese. bake until bubbly and brown on the top, about 30 to 45 mins.


I served my potatoes with gravy that i made for the roast beef as well and it was absolutely yummy.

1 comment:

  1. looks so yummy! i can tell that you have a great talent in cooking ;-) i bet everyone was happy of the food you served them.

    ReplyDelete